City of Phoenix Housing Voucher news
Spread the word!
It is not too late to apply for the Section 8 Wait List in the City of Phoenix. Section 8 vouchers offer an opportunity for safe, decent and affordable housing. Keep these tips in mind when you apply.
- Section 8 applications are being accepted until August 19, 2016 at 5 p.m.
- Paper applications are available by emailing Nichole.email@example.com or by picking one up at 830 E. Jefferson.
- All applications—whether paper or online—must be returned to the City before August 19, 2016 at 5 p.m. The online application—available in Spanish or English—is available at https://www.phoenix.gov/housing.
- A list of community partners, including libraries and senior centers, that will provide computer access at no cost is available at https://www.phoenix.gov/housing/section8locations.
- Applicants with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation by calling (602) 262-7497, You may need to leave a message. The City asks that callers be sure to clearly state their name, telephone number, and the reasonable accommodation you are requesting (e.g., I am a home-bound disabled person without internet access who needs assistance with submitting my pre-application). Reasonable accommodations may include taking an application by telephone, providing an ASL interpreter, questions, or accepting a paper application.
- Individuals who do not speak English well may request language assistance by calling the City at (602) 534-1974.
- Information about Section 8 and the Wait List Procedures is available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese traditional, and Arabic.
- If you are not provided necessary reasonable accommodations or language assistance, you may contact SWFHC at 1-888-624-4611 or 602-252-3423 or the AFHC at 602-548-1599 for more information and help.